Sunday 13 February 2011

Sunday afternoon bliss.

No title required!
A busy day started with packing up at Q Station and moving into the apartment in centre of Manly. (The chap who owns the apartment drove out to QS and picked me up saving me having to hassle with buses or a taxi).The apartment  has lived up to my expectations. Had a quick run around the local supermarket Coles for some basics and Blair came into town to check all was OK.

Blair's colleague and friend Nadine picked us up and drove us to Sydney Opera House. I love the architecture of "Downtown Sydney", it reminds me a little in parts of Chicago and a few of the brownstone buildings in Boston.

It was an incredible feeling, I am really here, down under and that really is the Opera House!
On terrace  in front of  Sydney Harbour Bridge

Nadine and Blair
The building is  as imposing as I had anticipated. Lots of buzz around and many locals as well as tourists in the bar. After a quick refreshment  we entered into the Opera House  It is beautiful inside with stunning views of the sea and Sydney from all sides.

The programme was : "Great Opera Hits on a Sunday Afternoon" and included pieces by Rossini, Bizet,Wagner, Mozart and of course my most favourite Puccini. The singers were superb as was the pianist. If I am being slightly critical it could have been better had there been a full orchestra. Still another wonderful  experience.

We finished the day having dinner in Kirribilli....I love that name...before Nadine and Blair  dropped me off at my new residence. Being on the 9th floor I have wonderful views of the ocean and the beach!

Come on weather ...where has the sun gone?

3 comments:

  1. Trying hard to keep up with you! I'm exhausted with all this reading and viewing! Sounds like you're making the most of it. Love the photo of you and Blair in Sydney! Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister climbed the bridge. Will you be doing that? Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's on the list that's why I was practising running up and down the funicular staircase at Q Station. Don't want to look an idiot as I gasp for breath. A number of folks had a "speed dating experience" at the top of the bridge on Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete