Tuesday 22 March 2011

Girls Lunch

After all the excitement of James and Felicity's  wedding, my late return to Manly and Issie's diary, I was unable to go visit  her home in Wollombi.  However..... mountain and Mohammed.... !

It is too many years since I have seen Issie's sister Pat who came out to Oz first as a young 23 year old in the early seventies and as she just happened to be visiting so....

Lunch (pretty expensive!) at Hugos on the Wharf. It was lovely catching up again as if we had met just the day before. Marriage, children and several decades don't fundamentally change the person you are. We laughed and giggled at past exploits and Jim has reminded me of a tale from your youth Pat, an unexpected  Friday night appearance in the winter at Loch Morlich! Won't post here publically but will fill in when next we speak/email!

A good lunch and bottle of wine  in beautiful surroundings with great company, what more could a body ask? I had a great time!

Pat keep me posted re your events in April and there is always a bed here for you when you next visit Scotland.  I will see you Issie  when you visit in April...you are going up the hill......not me!  Bye sweetie!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment