Thursday 17 March 2011

Middle Earth


Hobbiton

We didn’t actually go visit although I really wanted to but time didn’t permit. 

Nevertheless I couldn’t be in New Zealand and not find out a bit more about the venues where film scenes were shot.
Munroe, Blair and Jim have all been Tolkien fans since I started reading The Hobbit to Munroe when he was just seven. Remember our house in the Crook is called Rivendell, Munroe’s words when we moved to the Crook some 19 years ago…it’s the last vestiges of civilisation!

I was so reminded of Middle Earth as we drove through parts of the North Island. Areas around Waikato  farmlands were transformed into the Shire from Middle Earth. 

I need to come back to the South Island Jim! 









 
Not the best pic taken through the bus window but indeed visually illustrates Middle Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment