Friday 18 February 2011

Bondi – the Place to Be?

Bondi, to quote the guidebook, “inhabited by backpackers, billionaires, board riders and the body beautiful is one of Sydney’s most eclectic and exciting precincts.” I would agree with this in the little that I saw this afternoon. 

Neil and Kellie, I can understand the rivalry between those who live in Bondi and those living in Manly. I can also imagine what it might have been like in the sixties, some of the “Graffiti Art” on the beach wall reminded me of that time!



Some of the shop windows were innovatively or perhaps “quirkly”  displayed and I just had to take this photo of not just the dress but the unusual material print – for you Eunice and Andrew! 
 
A film shoot was taking place for a glossy magazine, the interresting thing was that no-one but me was paying any attention. Scaffolding was being erected for a skateboarding event this weekend, the body beautiful posing with their surf boards before dashing out across the wonderfully soft sand to the gloriously turquoise blue surf and at one point  a “Lowry” painting popped into my mind, an image of stick men away in the distance along the far end  of the beach.



No comments:

Post a Comment