Monday 14 February 2011

It’s a Tough Life but somebody………..?


Didn’t sleep very well - maybe a different bed but it is the noise………of the sea…… the surf noise is really deafening! So different to the silence of night at home. However forget the pretty awful looking poached eggs but this is where  I was sitting having breakfast this morning. I don‘t have a balcony but  I just slide the windows and open the whole wall and 9 floors up, what a  view!  The little beach, Shelley Beach across the bay at the top of the photo was my target for the afternoon.
 

About five  groups only there this afternoon
I explored a bit more in Manly, found a little bakery selling fantastic sesame seed very crusty baguettes with fresh tuna salad  and then set  off round the coastal walkway past Cabbage Bay Aquatic Reserve to Shelley Beach. Fairly quiet but a number of young mums with small babies in 3 wheeled buggies out power walking or jogging their daily run! No fat folks here! 

 
No not me but I wish!
Whilst the sea is not exactly warm I managed 3 swims   and had a most interesting chat with a couple of scuba divers, the pupil being a 68 year old lady who has been diving for 55 years. I started and finished a book before sauntering back to Manly.


I was a bit upset yesterday when I discovered I had lost my new prescription sunglasses sometime on Saturday and whilst Blair had phoned the two  places where we ate there was no sign of them. I knew they had been in my bag after the downpours on the beach during the volleyball tournament. I went back into the restaurant where we had dinner on my way home this evening.  It is literally across from the apartment front door AND YES!!!!!  the owner had found them! I was overjoyed as I had gone into an optician’s this morning but they wanted 700 dollars+ for same. I wear my prescription sunspecs all the time so am now celebrating with a little glass of Pinot Grigio. There is a little bit of blue sky on the horizon, first seen today. (Getting dark 7.50pm and folk still swimming in surf).

The only disappointing thing in Oz so far……….is TV. It is absolutely diabolical with not even one decent news programme. Still I can live without it! Starting another book after posting blog! What an exhausting day!
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having a ball. I'm so jealous. Was showing my sister your pics as she stayed in Manly a few years back. Blair looking really good. Take care.Irene.x

    ReplyDelete