Tuesday 22 March 2011

Home again and The Manly Daily update


Returning to Sydney in the rain overlooking the Bay, The Harbour Bridge and maybe you can just see the Opera House!













The last few days have just been what I needed, some quiet chill out time. It was strange but I felt as if I was coming home when I arrived back in Manly from Sydney Airport. 

I knew how to get out of the airport, go find the train, then get the ferry at Circular Quay and take that amazing ferry ride back to Manly before I must admit, jumping on a taxi rather than the lovely coastal walk....excuse.... too much luggage!  It was a good feeling.

The view from Blair's bedroom window, my bed for my last few days! It has been raining but after all it is autumn now and averaging 22C?
I found I was looking for the free paper, The Manly Daily to see what quirky things, were happening locally. What had gone on in my absence?   Well....not too much!   

However if you see a cockateil flying by you'll know the number to phone. It makes a change from the lost cats and dogs notices in the village shop or the Kinross Newsletter.
Education and its issues are often the same the world over!  Interesting to see the School's Wish List as sent to the NSW Education Minister!


What about:


Funding and spending to be decided by schools themselves.
or
Abolish the School Certificate
or
Bring back discipline and set up boot camps for kids
or
Scrap outcomes-based education


Mmmmmmm?

Just in case you had forgotten it was St Patrick's Day on Thursday, the little sweet shop on the Corso in Manly remember the one giving discount to pensioners, teachers and carers! Notice the chocolate limes, mmmmmmm...... think about how much I could save if I could eat sweets?

No comments:

Post a Comment