Wednesday 23 February 2011

Cost of Living

I am astounded at the cost of just about everything here.......all more expensive than at home. I went to buy a "weekend" case  - I know I don't need one Jim but I'll be leaving it here - and reckon they were all at least double the cost of same at home.

You  can see Blair's apartment in this first pic which is the top floor of the L shaped house across the road from the highlighted rectangle.

The fantastic building across the road from Blair consists of 2/ 3 bedroom  apartments and, whilst it is a "prestigious"  area to live,  the asking price  for each is in the mid to high $4m that is $4,000,000+ (£2,750,000).

Property  is just prohibitively expensive and I have no idea how young folks would ever get on the property ladder. As you know I just love looking at homes but am so   shocked that eg 2 bedroom  fairly boring bungalows which require total refurbishment have been going at auction for $1,000,000+ (£650,000) in some areas.
I really could live here! If you are interested you can have a virtual tour:


No comments:

Post a Comment