Monday 7 March 2011

Trains and Boats and Planes la la la la la la la!

A bit more like golf buggy, barge, bus, plane shuttle bus, train, ferry la la la la la la.

Wakened up at 4.00am and just lay listening to the very different sounds in the rainforest including the rain itself! 


 
We had an early departure from the hotel in a little golf buggy type train before embarking on the barge. Had to remember that we would have to put watches forward one hour between here and Sydney.












 
Felt a twinge of sadness  as we sailed away from this  very special island on a perfect morning, the sun gleaming on the calm sea waters.









 
A bus to Hervey Bay Airport, a truly delightful place  for an airport and breakfast in the sun before our flight to Sydney. As we climbed into the sky we flew over Fraser Island and I glimpsed some magnificent  places  with wonderful memories.

This is where things became complex. Blair then had to get a train to Circular Quay in Sydney, the Ferry back to Manly and walk the coastal path home  with my weekend case whilst I found a shuttle bus to take me to my hotel near the International part of the airport. 

Blair was then retracing his journey back to the airport bringing with him my already packed larger case from his flat for the next stage of my trip!

I then went back to the airport, rendevoused with Blair, picked up my case and returned to the hotel ready for an early departure at 5.30am tomorrow morning, Tuesday 8 March.  View from my hotel room window towards Sydney, pretty cool! I have now been in this land for 4 full weeks! Was travelling years ago ever this complex?

No comments:

Post a Comment